I think all of Huawei mobile partner modem automatically detected by Ubuntu 10.10 or higher, because i have 2 huawei mobile partner, and they are worked on Ubuntu and don't need driver. Just plug and play, but we can't using short message feature, because the modem detected and configured by network manager, so we don't get GUI for mobile partner.
If you want get the GUI and short message feature, you can download the driver from link bellow.
It's work for CDMA and GSM modem. After downloading the driver, follow this instruction to install it
- Extract the downloaded file
- Open the folder > right click on file install > open Permissions tab > activete Allow executing file as program > close
- Open terminal and write
sudo nautilusinput the password
- Open the driver folder
- Twice click on install > select run in terminal
- Press enter when you get noticed please input the absolute path for install, the installation file will be placed on default path
- Wait untill installation progress finished
- After that, when you plug the modem, the GUI of mobile partner will be automatically open. And now you can using the GUI for short message
|mobile partner on ubuntu|
There are somethings i don't like about this GUI
- I must open new window again, this is make my dock in gnome-shell so full if i open many application.
- The themes feel bad, not using the ubuntu themes, but still using GUI theme.
And there are something i like from this GUI
- I can using it for received short message from the operator
- I know the netwrok in use lika Evdo, CDMA, 3G, GPRS, or other, although there are some distribution of Ubuntu can show it like Ubuntu Sabily.
Let try it if you want using short message feature on your mobile partner.