Yesterday, I try to draw using MyPaint and Wacom Bamboo Pen Touch. It was so hard for me, because i not used pen tablet when drawing. And my drawing is not good. But i want to learn it for basic. It was so sucks when i draw using wacom and the touch is on. The pen movement distrube by touch of my hand. It's make the cursor random moving.
I am using Ubuntu 11.10. As we know, since this version we can found GUI of wacom driver. You can type Wacom Graphic Tablet on search, and you will find the setting. It was like driver on Mac or Windows. But i can't find how to disable touch on Ubuntu driver.
I am searching for the tutorial how to disable wacom touch on linux, and i found it there. We can disable the touch via terminal.
|Wacom Graphics Tablet GUI|
- Open the terminal and type
xsetwacom --list devices
- You will found the list function of wacom devices looks like there
Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 Pen id: 10 type: STYLUS Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 Pen eraser id: 16 type: ERASER Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 Finger touch id: 17 type: TOUCH Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 Finger pad id: 18 type: PAD
- See the ID of touch function, it's not same on every computer. On my laptop, the ID of touch is 17.
- Just type
xsetwacom set 17 touch off
- After do that, the touch is not working. The wacom just work with the pen.
- If you want the touch working you just need to type
xsetwacom set 17 touch on
With touch disable, you don distrubed when write using the Pen.